Basic Website Elements: Navigation
Covers the Navigation setup for WordPress using the Dynamik Website Builder for Genesis. For More on using the WordPress Menu, which is found in the WordPress backend, under Appearance --> Menu, Click Here.
Default Genesis Navigation Setup
This is found under Genesis --> Theme Settings. You then scroll down to the Box Named Navigation.
In order to use the navigation menus, you must build a custom menu, then assign it to the proper Menu Location.
- Primary Navigation, you can choose the fancy dropdowns and extras on the right side of the navigation bar.
- Secondary Navigation you can choose fancy dropdowns.
Custom Navbar 1
- Change the dropdown selection to Custom
- Click the Save Changes Button
Appearance --> Menus
- You must first create and name a custom menu for #2 to show.
- Genesis Supports 2 menus, Primary and Secondary Navigation
- Assign your new Navigation Bar to Primary Navigation
- Create Custom Menu Items by entering a URL and Label, then clicking Add to Menu button
- Toggle Pages or Categories to select to add to your Custom Menu
- Click Add to Menu to add the items
- Save Menu to commit additional menu items
- Simply drag-and-drop menu items to create dropdown menus. In the example above, team page is first level dropdown below About, while Services is a second level dropdown
Dropdowns example (#6 above) on the front of your website
- About is the Top Level Menu Item
- Team Page is the second level menu item
- Services is the third level menu item