The Instant IDE Manager Plugin includes auto-update capability, but in some cases a manual update may be necessary. In such cases you can accomplish this by doing the following:
- De-activate your current version of Instant IDE Manager in the Plugins admin page of your WordPress Dashboard.
- Download the latest version of Instant IDE Manager from your “My Account” page on CobaltApps.com.
- Unzip that downloaded file onto your computer and locate the unzipped “instant-ide-manager” folder.
- Use FTP (or whatever server file management solution is appropriate to your particular installation) to navigate to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory where you should see the folder for the old version of Instant IDE Manager. So that directory structure should look like this: /wp-content/plugins/instant-ide-manager/
- Delete that old /instant-ide-manager/ folder located in your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Upload the freshly unzipped /instant-ide-manager/ folder to that same /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Go back to your Plugins admin page and reactivate the Instant IDE Manager Plugin.
After following the steps above you should now have an up-to-date copy of the Instant IDE Manager Plugin on your server.